MapVision: simple online mapping
MapVision is our web-based mapping tool which makes displaying and presenting location data simple. It is a great alternative to discontinued or unsupported products, such as Microsoft MapPoint and Google Fusion Tables and allows you to:
- Get started immediately using just a web browser, no download or install required
- Easily import your data, whether it is spreadsheet, table, or GIS data for instant mapping and geocoding
- Enrich your maps with other data such as drive times, distance radii, or the public data included in the platform
- Edit, theme, and style your maps using simple native tools to make your maps clear and attractive
- Share data with others on or offline by exporting your maps as images, printing them, or sharing them online, either securely with named users, or universally with anyone with a web browser
- Import data in a common tabular or GIS file format such as MS Excel, Comma Separated Value (CSV), or Prospex (POD) file for easy map creation
- Create catchment areas and point-sets from postcodes or coordinate data
- Display data as multiple layers. Easily turn each layer on and off to make data visualisation straight-forward
- Organise data in a rationally-ordered, searchable project library for future analysis
- Style your maps with colours, lines, fonts and symbols to match your brand or chosen theme
- The ease of working online but with the ability to save your work for long-term reference
- Easily pan and zoom from UK-wide to street-level mapping
- Data displayed on detailed map set from Ordnance Survey
- Create catchments by drive time or distance (route-based)
- Edit catchment areas and point-sets directly within the map view
- Colour code postcode or bespoke areas based on data values to create heat maps
- Switch layers on and off easily to benefit from data overlays
- Click on objects in-map to view their attributes in pop-ups
- Set display scales, so relevant data only shows at the appropriate detail level
- Use MapVision’s simple web interface to share your projects, and those from other desktop-based GIS, such as Prospex, easily and in an attractive format
- Share data with clients and stakeholders in a consistent format that is easy to access and understand
- Download finished maps as image files for use in presentations and other applications, or at print resolution to use in hard copy presentations
- Collaborate online without the need for local software installation or resource-heavy software
- Remote help instantly on hand for complex projects via web chat, or our GIS consultants can create more complex maps for you and share them through MapVision
Future-proof and developing
MapVision is simpler to use than a traditional desktop-based GIS but includes the most fundamental tools of any GIS software such as the ability to plot point sets, create territories and postcode heat maps. It can work from most table data, including CSV and Excel files. So whether you are a new user wanting to create your first map, or have data left over from a legacy system such as Microsoft MapPoint or Google Fusion Tables, you can quickly and easily visualise your data. It is also happy working with KML files if you'd like to include more in-depth geographical data.
Our developers are continuously developing MapVision, adding new features and tailoring it to user feedback. Being web-based means new features and updates can be seamlessly implemented without down-time or the need for user intervention. You need never be left with out-of-date or unsupported software again.
Register for a free trial and dive straight in and visualise your business data as intuitive maps.
Try MapVision for free
No software to install - No training necessary - No financial details required - No obligation
Your continued use of this site is taken as implied consent to receive cookies from us and our analytics partners.